Megan's Background



Monday, September 26, 2016

The Journey's Not Over!

I have been home for four months now. Crazy, I know. Where has the time gone? I am so grateful for my mom who was so diligent in keeping this blog while I was gone. Ive had to limit to opening it only on Sunday's because if not, my homework does not get done. It makes me cry, and laugh and makes me feel so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve such incredible people. Coming home has by far been the hardest part of this whole journey. I often tell people that the reason Heavenly Father sent me so far away, is so that I can't go back as easily, because we all know I would be there in a heartbeat. :) Bolivia still has my whole heart, and I think it always will. I love those people and that calling so much!
Even though, it can be hard coming home it has also been the greatest experience. I rely more on my mission and the things I learned so much more than I ever thought. My faith has grown as Ive moved away from home, started school and work. I am happy to be living and progressing personally. It is sometimes hard because even in this busy life, I don't feel the satisfaction like I did in the mission, and I don't think I ever will. But because of that, I have discovered the importance of personal scripture study, sincere prayer and serving others. Just as I was taught in the mission. No mission badge needed! Since I have been home I have seen countless blessings, they comfort me in knowing that I served my mission how the Lord wanted. I cannot express how grateful I am for those blessings and desire to be worthy of each one of them and the many that are still coming.
So, the journey continues. It may not contain vast quantities of rice and potatoes, homeless dogs, parasites, bagged liquids or hand washed laundry. But, I have a pretty good feeling it will continue to include lots of prayer, countless scripture verses, spiritual impressions, miracles, life changing experiences, trials, faith filled decisions, and those pretty great blessings that I talked about earlier. Life is good, it always has been. But, I am realizing that it is pretty great living it as a returned missionary. Blessed with the principles of Obedience, Faith and the power of the Holy Ghost. So, I say; Let the journey continue!

Love, Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment