Megan's Background



Monday, January 18, 2016

Why Can't Time Slow Down Just a Little?

Hello All,

This week was great and went quickly, we had two exchanges (I think that is what they are called in English). I went to their areas and I learned so much from the two sisters I was with. That’s one of the best parts of the mission, having opportunities to learn and be better. We were able to meet some great new people in our area; we are really excited about them. 

On Saturday I was given permission to attend the temple because my ward from Potosi came for a temple trip. It was so fun to see them! I love those people SO much! 

On Sunday I gave another talk in sacrament meeting. We were asked to speak just moments before church started. Not long ago that would have freaked me out, but now it’s incredible how I can just get up there and talk away. This is thanks to the power of a testimony and diligent scripture study. We had a family home evening Sunday night and made more cinnamon rolls. Who would have known that now everyone wants to learn how to make them? 

This morning we borrowed some bikes and rode around the lake here in Alalay. It was fun, but I am so glad we don’t ride those things everyday. They hurt, and I couldn’t imagine riding it in a skirt. I give those sisters props. Afterwards, together as a zone we played volleyball and then went out to eat. 

It’s so hard for me to believe how fast time is going. It’s already the middle of January!! Why can’t it slow down just a little? I have received many sweet emails today, one of which is from a girl from my ward in Villa Moscu. She used to always come out with us when I served in that area. She emailed to tell me she is leaving on her mission to Bogota, Colombia on Tuesday. She is so sweet, and I am excited for her to have this experience. She is going to be an incredible missionary. I also received an email from Hermana Franco, my first Latina companion in the MTC. She is loving her mission in Colombia and I think she likes emailing me now because I can actually understand and respond. Ha-ha. She is so cute. 

Life is good. God lives and this is His work. I hope you all have another great, fantastic week. I love you all so much!


Love, Hermana Lomax





No comments:

Post a Comment