Megan's Background



Monday, January 25, 2016

She Really Wanted Friends To Talk With and I'm Glad She Chose Us!

Hello All,

This week was great and we gave it our all. We met a lot of new people, which is going to make this week exciting. I have to share with you a story of an old lady we met as she was sitting outside her house. She called us over as we were walking down the street. She shared with us her whole life story. She really wanted friends to talk with and I’m glad she chose us. I love hearing about these sweet peoples’ lives. She speaks Quechua but was able to speak to us in Castiano (Spanish). We tried to teach her to pray, but she didn’t understand us so I offered to pray in Quechua. I guess the practice in Potosi paid off. I think she understood and we will be going back to teach her more. :) 

On Wednesday we had a conference by satellite for all missionaries around the world from the 12 apostles and members of the 70. It was fantastic! The topic was Teach Repentance, Baptize Converts. It was inspired to help us in our missionary efforts to help people truly understand the meaning of repentance. We were excited to apply it and I think in all of our lessons afterwards we focused on Repentance. We are called to do as those in the Book of Mormon, crying repentance to everyone.

It has been SO hot here lately. It’s supposed to be the rainy season, but its not raining; it’s a little rough. My tan lines are unbelievable. :) It is also a little rough because Cochabamba is experiencing a water shortage, so we pray every morning we will have enough water to shower. Sometimes we shower, and sometimes we don’t. I know gross, just don’t judge. :) 

Even in the heat we are enjoying every moment we have. This area is great, the members are great and this is true. No doubt about it. I love you all so much. Have the most incredible week and go out and serve, service brings the happiness we are looking for even in the most hectic of days!


Love, Hermana Lomax

No comments:

Post a Comment