Megan's Background



Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hello All,

It was such a sweet Christmas week and a lot easier than the last. :) We were really busy.

On Tuesday we had a Ward Talent Show. We didn’t have a lot of time to prepare, but the Zone Leaders and us dressed up as cholitos and danced to cholita music. Everyone just thought it was cute because we were white girls dressed as cholitas. We are going to try to do a better show in a few weeks.

On Wednesday we prepared for our Zone Christmas activity for Thursday. We went to the supermarket and when we got back me and Hermana Cruz made cinnamon rolls.

On Thursday morning we woke up early and we cooked breakfast with the ZL´s. Let me just tell you, cooking food for 18 missionaries in a Bolivian kitchen is quite the task. So, I guess I figured out my job as a STL... A LOT OF COOKING. Ha-ha but its so fun! For the activity we got together and had breakfast burritos, hot chocolate, and cinnamon rolls. We did Secret Santa and then we tried to go to the same orphanage we went to last year. But, when we got there at about 1:00 in the afternoon the lady told us all the kids were sleeping and we would have to come back another day. We were kind of bummed because we travelled so far, so instead we decided to knock doors and do a little caroling. The people were super sweet especially an older lady who began to cry as we sang. It brought the Christmas spirit. When we finally arrived back to our area we had to clean our breakfast mess. Afterwards, we tried to go make visits and after not much success finding people home we finally were able to visit a family. They were beginning to cook their Christmas Eve dinner so we helped them. (This Christmas was full of cooking ;) It got late and so we had to leave before they finished. By the time we got home we were so exhausted, we went straight to bed.

On Christmas morning we went to a family’s home to eat breakfast, rice with milk. They were all in their pajamas and we just hung out with them for the morning. Then we had a big lunch at our pensionista’s house. She cooks some really good food. After lunch it was our precious time to Skype home. We have all looked forward to this for a long time. It was so fun to see my family. I love them so much! Even though now I’m pretty sure I’m the shortest of them all. What happened? We were able to Skype from our Bishop’s house and he was able to meet my family. Afterwards, the bishop came up to me and asked if I would speak in church on families. My heart was full and I knew that that was a perfect topic. We ended Christmas in the center plaza in Cochabamba looking at all the Christmas lights with our pensionista’s family. We ate hot dogs and took lots of pictures.

I feel so blessed I know the Lord sent me here to Bolivia to learn many important things. One important thing I have learned during the two Christmas´s I’ve had on my mission is how to simplify my life and focus on more important things.

Happy New Year! I cannot believe how quickly this last year has gone. I remember so well a year ago thinking that for the whole year I would be here in Bolivia. At times I felt like it would be the longest year of my life, but I was willing to go and do what the Lord required of me and that I would make it through and love it. Now, here I am and I did exactly what I said I would. I have worked hard, I have strived to be obedient and give all I had to the Lord and He has blessed me more than I ever thought possible. I remember being in that little house in Huayllani a year ago. It has been the most challenging year of my life. I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else. I met people that have made an imprint on my heart, I have learned how to love, serve, speak Spanish, endure, and work hard. But, most importantly I have come to know my Savior. I have had experiences during this last year that have been evidence of His existence. He lives, He is right here with us. This work truly is a work of God and I feel so humbled to be a part of it. I am looking forward to this New Year, to see my family and to apply everything I have learned in my mission to my life. I know now that the Lord has many great things in store and I can’t wait to see it all unfold. Life is just so sweet! 

Enjoy this week. I love you!

Hermana Lomax 













Thank you sweet Beehives for the cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment