Megan's Background



Monday, December 14, 2015

God Is a Loving God!

Can you believe it is almost Christmas? I am so excited! We have had a great week here in Potosi. We met some great new people, two of which were references from Donata (Daina’s mom). We went and contacted them and had such a spiritual experience. She is a middle-aged woman who sells food in a market. We sat at her table and her 20-year-old daughter joined us. As we began to get to know her, we learned that one of her six children has passed away. Apparently, she died in an accidental hanging in their home about one year ago. We also learned that she was about two weeks away from turning 8 years old. This began a marvelous discussion. The mother shared with us how she often wonders where her daughter is. She expressed great sadness that her daughter was never baptized before she died. She also shared with us that according to their church her daughter is now condemned forever. You could see the stress and worry in her face. I was so excited to share with this family something that would change their lives forever. Our message was going to bring peace to a worried mother who has grieved the loss of her daughter for a year. I asked her if she believed God is a loving God. She responded by saying yes. Then I asked her, if God loves us would He allow for innocent children to be condemned forever? We read with her Moroni 8.  I have waited my whole mission to share these scriptures. This mother and daughter looked at us and asked us when we could come to their home and share this with their whole family. Especially her husband who since the death of his daughter has turned to drinking and believing there is no God. We testified of eternal families, we testified that their young daughter has received her salvation and that one day their family will be together again forever. I can’t even write to you how incredible it feels to give someone that hope. This is real life; these are real people who are looking for the truth. I am so grateful that Donata felt impressed to give us her reference. I cannot wait to see what happens with this sweet family.

Friday Hermana Lidia made us cow heart... yes, they eat that here. It was strange, but not too bad. So far, I have eaten cow tongue, stomach and now heart. Its a good thing I'm not picky. :)


So, last night I received a call from our Zone Leader informing me that I am being transferred back to Cochabamba on Wednesday to be a Sister Training Leader. Hermana Males will remain and will be in a trio with the Sister Training Leaders here in Potosi for almost two weeks until the actual transfers happen. She will then receive her new companion. I am going to miss her so much; she has grown to be a great missionary. I am excited, but very sad at the same time. Potosi has changed my life. I love these people so much, but I know the Lord needs me now in Cochabamba. I will always cherish these last 4 months and I will remember these people forever. A big part of my heart will stay here in Potosi. This is the hardest part of the mission even more so than learning a language. It’s hard leaving people you have come to love so much. I am excited for the new experiences the Lord has in store for me, and know there are still people I need to meet. I hope you all have a great week, and that you are enjoying this wonderful Christmas season. I never realized how large an impact this time of year can have. Serve, love and change lives this Christmas season.

I love you!


Hermana Lomax


These are the cutest boys in our ward. Cristian and Nelson. Their mom Benigna is a cholita that comes out with us and translates Quechua for us.
The boys and I always have finger competitions to see who's fingers are stronger. They are crazy but I love them to pieces. 

Cow's Heart!
These cuties are Hermana Lidia's two grandaughters Camila and Lucy just sitting on the ground eating their cow hearts. They are so cute we had to take a picture.
Best Daughter Ever. I love her! 
Our friends the pigs. I am now a pro at pig calling, they come running from all directions. Ha-ha. I have videos but they are too large to send.
Goodbye Potosi. It's been great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment