Megan's Background



Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving! Oh, And Bathrooms In Bolivia Are Far Worse Than Girl's Camp Biffies!

Hello Everyone,

Can you believe it is already Thanksgiving??? There are so many wonderful things to be grateful for.

This week was great, but it has been so hot. So hot that we now have permission to use hats, the sun here is killer. I really don’t know how people live at this elevation. I may just come home with skin cancer, but we are still doing all we can. For a service project on Saturday we washed our pensionistas dog and cut it’s hair. It was so hot!

This week I got sick. :( After one of our lessons on Tuesday we had to run to our pensions house so I could throw up. Let me just tell you bathrooms in Bolivia are far worse than girl's camp biffies. But, I’m used to them now. I don’t even remember what a flushing toilet sounds like. :) I was sick all night, but it didn’t change our plans on Wednesday as we pressed forward with our lessons. It was a long day but we made it through and by the end I was feeling much better. And Hermana Lidia (our pensionista) is so sweet she made me pizza because I could finally eat. The rest of the week was great. We had lessons with Alejandra, Dayna, Alexander, Maxima and Beymar as we prepare for their baptisms! So, we still don’t know if we will be able to have baptisms this week because it is Stake Conference. I hope so! Dayna and Alexander are so excited. If it doesn’t happen this week then it will be on December 5th.

This week we will be traveling to Sucre for a conference with Elder Godoy. We are leaving Thursday night and will return to Potosi on Friday night. We are all excited. Also, I found out today that I will be staying in Potosi for Christmas!!! Woo-Hoo! Next week we are going to start decorating our house for Christmas. I hope you all have an incredible Thanksgiving. There is so much we have to be grateful for. Here are just a few of the things I am grateful for this holiday season!

1. The gospel of Jesus Christ - Thanks to a loving Savior, who came to earth to show us how we must endure and who established His church and died for our sins, I can be forgiven and feel a joy that cannot be described.

2. My Eternal Family - As a missionary I have come to love my family more than ever before. I am grateful for their love, support and emails every week. I am grateful for the sacrifices they make so that I can be here serving the Lord.

3. Bolivia - I am so grateful for revelation here on the earth given to our leaders because I know Bolivia is where the Lord has called me to serve. Bolivia will always have such a special place in my heart; I love these people SO much. They are family to me.

4. My Health - I am very grateful for the health the Lord has blessed me with to be able to walk, eat the Bolivian food and do all the things required to be a successful missionary.

I hope this week you can each reflect on the countless blessings you have and that you all enjoy the time you have with your families!

Love you all so much,

Hermana Lomax   
 Bathing and trimming Peluching. Don't you love my cholito sombrero? 
Whatever is necessary for the sun. :)

The sick life, but I'm totally rocking my new Bolivian hippie pants!

The best daughter in the world!

Ok, there is a thing with some Bolivians that when they take pictures they make the most serious face they can. I don't know why. You would think we are forcing her to listen to us. 
I promise this is not how she is, it's just the picture. 
We are going to teach her to smile for her baptism pictures. Ha-ha.

Our two other investigators!

No comments:

Post a Comment