Megan's Background



Monday, October 5, 2015

Listening To the Lord's Servants!

Hello All,

I write this letter with a lot of gratitude and love in my heart for my family and my friends. It was so fun to see pictures of Madison´s wedding and seeing you all together. It can be a little hard for a moment, but then it passes as I think about how I have been blessed with such incredible people in my life and it’s all because of the Savior and His gospel. I know why I’m here. I feel so blessed to share just a little of my gratitude with others. I'm giving only 18 months and it is passing by so quickly. So, at times it can be rough, but I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. Thank you all for your sweet messages! I loved the email. I have the best family and friends in the world!

It has been quite an incredible week. We were able to watch conference... in ENGLISH! A miracle. And to top it off on Saturday it snowed. In the morning we played in the snow while visiting less actives and then were able to listen to the Lord´s servants. I love general conference SO much, I always have, but in the mission it’s something different. I love our prophet Thomas S. Monson and the Twelve Apostles. It was pretty neat to hear that Gary Stevenson is a new Apostle as we just heard him speak only a month ago when he visited with Elder Bednar. I learned so much from this General Conference. Of course, Elder Holland’s talk made us all cry. It’s a good thing there were only about 5 of us in this little room. We were just expressing our love for our moms shortly before he spoke. Have I mentioned that General Conference is one of my favorite parts of the mission? :)

Yesterday we had transfers; I can’t believe how fast these last 6 weeks have gone with Hermana Chicaiza. She is leaving and going to Cochabamba. She wasn’t too happy, but I have been assuring her that Cochabamba is the best and she will be going to the same Zone I was in. I will be training here in Potosi. We are leaving tonight at 9:00 to go to Cochabamba for some training on how to train and I will find out who my new companion is on Wednesday. It’s been busy, my companion has been packing all day, it is going to be a great transfer and I am really excited!

I want you to know I love you all so much. I am so grateful to be a missionary for the Lord, to bring the world His truth! Have a GREAT week!


Love, Hermana Lomax

No comments:

Post a Comment