Megan's Background



Monday, October 19, 2015

My Mouth Was Filled With Exactly What Needed To Be Said!

Hello Family & Friends,

Oh how I love writing you each week! I don’t know how I am so blessed to live in the greatest 2 places in the world. Why do they have to be so far apart though?

First of all….Happy Birthday Dad! I hope you had a great day! I love you so much!

This is Paul, he is 17 years old and the greatest young man I’ve ever met. He was baptized this week and seriously I’ve never met anyone who loves the gospel so much after only a short time of investigating. 


His baptism was incredible! The only thing that stood in the way of his baptism was getting permission from his mom. She is really strong in her religion and we were worried she wouldn’t give him the permission needed. We had planned to go to her house and talk to her, but her schedule never permitted it. But, finally on Wednesday Paul came to seminary with the signed form. 

On Saturday evening when Paul was baptized, his mom surprised us and showed up. I introduced myself and thanked her for coming. Her response consisted of an eye roll as she said; “Well, I guess I have to support my son in his decision since I can’t convince him otherwise.” I talked to her for a little bit and was nervous. While I didn’t know what I could possibly say, I found that my mouth was filled with exactly what needed to be said. The Spirit is the best! And like I’ve shared before, those moments become my favorite moments of the mission. We took pictures, and began the service. The Spirit filled the room the whole meeting. After the baptism Paul bore his testimony. Wow!!! All I can say is that I am so grateful that Heavenly Father let me be a little part of his journey. He is going to be an awesome missionary and do many great things for the church here in Bolivia. I love this kid! As we were getting ready to leave I went up to Paul’s mom and thanked her for coming. She hugged me and thanked me several times. She was a completely different person than the one I met earlier in the night. I was even able to get her to accept having the missionaries come and visit her sometime this next week. It was an incredible experience and of course Hermana Males is just so giddy about her first baptism. I love this gospel; I really do stand all amazed every single day.


Yesterday we taught a less active. He is a good man and has good desires, but HE DOESN'T COME TO CHURCH. It was another one of those moments where I had no idea what to say or what we were going to teach. But, it ended up being such a great lesson. He is a good man and I am really excited to see what happens! 

Today, we went and made brownies and banana muffins at my pensionista’s house with Hermana Alarcon and Hermana Shultz and then played walli as a zone. Our zone is great!


This week we are going to Sucre for a conference with Elder Godoy. It should be really great. I’ll write you about it next week. I love you all so much! Have a good week! 


Love, Hermana Lomax

No comments:

Post a Comment