Megan's Background



Monday, October 26, 2015

Having Faith Was A Good Tactic!

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a great week! This week was a good week for us here in Bolivia. It was a little stressful because at the beginning of the week our landlord told us we have to move out because she is remodeling the house and only gave us until the end of the month. I figured that’s what I get since I wasn’t home for my family’s move. And, let me tell you trying to find a house here in Potosi after only being here for 2 months was feeling impossible. We have knocked a lot of doors asking about housing and I finally decided I couldn’t keep stressing myself out. I had to have faith that if I remained focused on the work I am here to do, the Lord would provide us a house. I also had to hope that it would not be an adobe hut where all the cholitas live which was looking to be our only option. :) It was a good tactic, because the Lord did provide. We were leaving one morning to go out and work and a lady that lives underneath us told us that there is a family that just finished building apartments in their house. She came with us and knocked on their door, which is just 3 houses down from where we live now. She told them our situation and they invited us back later that night to look at the house. IT’S PERFECT! First, it’s a family that we will be renting from. Second, it’s not an adobe hut and last but not least there is a working bathroom! They must be a pretty wealthy family because their oldest is 20 and studied in North Carolina for 6 months. They are excited I will be able to speak English with her when she comes home from La Paz for the summer. It is incredible how the Lord has blessed us, I am grateful to be a part of this all.

On Sunday, we had Stake Conference; it was a live broadcast from Salt Lake. Did you know Elder Todd D. Christofferson knows Spanish? It was so great and we were all surprised. They talked a lot about the family and the importance of going to the temple. It was such a great talk. Also, yesterday was Hermana Males birthday. I made her pancakes in the morning and I gave her one of my skirts because she didn’t bring any with her, only her traditional clothing. We celebrated with cake and ice cream. She is so sweet; she began to cry when Hermana Lidia (our pensionista) brought out the cake. She is so humble and we get along so well. I hope she had the greatest birthday.

So, this week we began the rainy season. It has rained and snowed EVERYDAY. It’s going to be a long three months, but we make the best of it, because that’s all you can do. I’m sure Hermana Males thinks I’m crazy dancing in the streets and jumping in the puddles. Ha-ha. When else will I be in the middle of Bolivia freezing and walking in the snow and rain? Got to take advantage!

Well, I love you all so much. Enjoy the simple things and count all the many blessings you have. Have a GREAT week!


Love, Hermana Lomax


No comments:

Post a Comment