Megan's Background



Tuesday, September 1, 2015

We Are Climbing Mountains!

Hello All,

It’s the last day of August….what is happening? Time is going by too fast. So, as I wrote last week, I am now serving in Potosi.

This week was great! This morning I finally bathed for the first time in 3 days. I know…gross! We don’t have gas, however this morning we had a little more time so we boiled lots of water and that is how we showered. Ha-ha. We are working on the problem so hopefully I will get some showers this week.:)

It’s cold here and I am finally adjusting to the altitude. We are climbing mountains, but it is all worth it. The people are incredible! They are so humble and are so open to our message. I’ve also had to adjust to the Spanish a little and I am learning a lot of Quechua. Inmaynaya kaganki means, “How are you.” Walayhio means, “I’m good.” And my favorite Quechua phrase I learned in Cochabamba, Manakanchu Colke which means, “I don’t have any money.” Its sad but we have to use that a lot here.

We have been busy this week teaching and giving service. We helped a Cholita peel Chuño. There are so many pigs and dogs here, so we help the Cholitas take them food. Ha-ha.

We have many investigators progressing well. We had 6 at church yesterday, I think that is more than my whole time in Villa Moscu. We have a Family Home Evening scheduled for tonight with an investigator family, and a few of the members are coming with us. It should be good.

I haven’t had a lot of time to explore Potosi, but what I’ve seen is incredible. It has a lot of history and there are quite a few tourists. Hopefully, today we can walk around a little more. I am doing so great! I love the mission and I love these people. My companion likes to tell everyone that I am from Potosi and they look at us confused for a second and then start laughing. But, hey we get offered free food (which of course we don’t eat) because they like my blue eyes.  My companion is really sweet, we get along so well and she has a great desire to work hard and change lives. I can’t ask for anything better than that. I am getting used to the cold and hiking up mountains, I’m definitely being reminded everyday that I’m living in Bolivia.

I hope you all have a great week full of blessings. I love you all so much!


Love, Hermana Lomax


1 comment:

  1. Megan is a trooper! 3 days without a shower, boiling water because it's so cold, she's living the dream! She's going to be in such great shape that she'll run circles around everyone when she comes home. We are so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete