Megan's Background



Monday, September 21, 2015

UYUNI! The Largest Salt Flats In The World!

Hello! Hola! Inmaynaya Kahanki!

So, this letter is going to be kind of short and I might not be able to respond to all your emails. But, I want to say THANK YOU! Your letters make my whole week; I love hearing how you are all doing.

We are in UYUNI! The largest salt flats in the world. We have been working hard the last few weeks to complete goals to be able to come and see this place. We left this morning at 3:00 am, so I’m a little tired and if this doesn’t make sense you will know why. I don’t have much time to write because we are going on a whole daylong tour. We won’t get back to Potosi until about 10:00 tonight, but I am so excited. I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures. 

This week was great and went fast. On Wednesday we had interviews with President. Mainly, we talked about my health and how I am doing in Potosi. Besides the fact there is no oxygen, I’m doing great! :) President is such a good man, who has a huge love for the Lord. I am so grateful to be here, serving under his authority. Later that night we had a fireside for all of Potosi. I sang three musical numbers with other missionaries. We have been practicing a lot and it turned out really well. There is a lot of great talent in our zone. President spoke about the Restoration. It was powerful and the Spirit was strong. I have been privileged to be a part of these firesides in every one of my zones. I always come away more motivated to help people understand the divine role we have here on earth.

Yesterday, we helped a younger man who was literally dying on the side of the street. We were with a member walking to an appointment when we came across this man. He was mangled on the curb with blood coming out of his nose and mouth and various cuts on his body. I checked for his pulse because we all thought he was dead. We picked him up and moved him to the shade. I found his cell phone and tried to call people listed on it, but they all said they didn’t know who he was. I asked the lady who lived nearby if there was an emergency number we could call; she laughed and told us there was not. Yep, that’s Bolivia for ya. We poured water on his face and he finally came to. I have never seen anyone more drunk in my life. I started asking him questions. Turns out he had gotten in a fight and left, but was so drunk he fell. As he was talking to us he started to get up, we were all telling him he needed to stay down or he was going to fall again. He wouldn’t listen. When he finally got to his feet, he began puking all over. That’s when I was out! I do NOT do throw up!!! He started walking down the street all crazy, and I was just praying he wouldn’t fall. We followed him because we still had his cell phone and he walked into a house. We knocked on the door, I guess his aunt lives there; we talked to the owners and gave them his cell phone. Then, we were finally able to make it to our lesson. I don’t know why, but I seem to have a thing with the drunks, there are so many here. We are always running into them. I left that experience feeling grateful for my life. For the choices I’ve made and the choices my family has made. I am grateful for the gospel. Maybe in a week or so we will go back and try to teach him. ;) 

So, there is a short run down of the week. I have to go so we can make it in time for our tour. We are going to go play in some salt!

Love you tons!

Hermana Lomax 

No comments:

Post a Comment