Megan's Background



Monday, September 7, 2015

Soccer On A Dirt Street!

Hello again!

Another week has come and gone and I have hit my 10-month mark. At the beginning of my mission it was great to say you completed another month, but now it’s just sad. I don’t even like to talk about it, the time is going by so fast! And I am sorry I haven’t sent any pictures. These computers here are….well let's just say they are Bolivian computers, ha-ha. We finally got gas back on Wednesday, so I don’t smell too bad. :) This week was probably the best week number wise I’ve had in the mission. We have been working hard!

Last Monday we went to a lagoon as a district, it was actually really just a lake but we hung out with llamas and had rock skipping contests. Pretty sweet!

On Tuesday it snowed... the weather is weird here. For about an hour it rains and snows and then there is not a single cloud in the sky. Then 4 hours later the rain returns. It’s cold! But, I think I say that every week. ;) For the rest of the week we walked or I guess I should say we climbed and climbed and climbed some more. It’s intense.

Sunday was pedestrian day. They have random days here when people aren’t allowed to drive any type of vehicle. It’s such a fun day because everyone is out walking, playing and riding bikes. We went to a lesson, but they weren’t home. However, there were these young boys playing soccer in the street so I took off my bag and started playing with them. It was so fun and we got way into the game, who knew that soccer on a dirt street with rocks as goals could be so fun. I totally biffed it and scraped my hand but it was worth it because my team won. :) And of course we had to take pictures and the kids just thought it was the greatest thing ever. I think by the end of it all, every kid that lived nearby was out playing with us. Which was a great contact moment because then all the kids ran to tell their parents and they came out and we were able to talk to them. I love Bolivians! It was a good week. I love it here and I am so grateful for all the love and support. I could not do this without you!

I hope you have a great week! 

Love, 

Hermana Lomax

No comments:

Post a Comment