Megan's Background



Monday, September 14, 2015

As He Was Telling Us This….I Thought About My Dad!

Happy Monday!

I love these days when I get to write home and share all the wonderful things of the mission. I want to tell you about an experience we had this week. On Saturday we went and visited a less active, this was the first time I had met him, he is 19 years old. He works Friday and Saturday nights as a guard. He hasn’t come to church for about a year so we decided to talk about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. As we were talking about the importance of going to church each week he told us he can’t go because he works on Saturday nights and gets home at about 7:00 in the morning and then goes straight to sleep. Immediately, as he was telling us this I thought about my dad and shared with this brother my dad’s situation.  My dad works 24-hour shifts (many of those on Saturdays) and gets home at 7:00 in the morning, exhausted. But, when we had church at 8:00 he always came home changed and got ready to go to church with us. Even though he was tired and needed sleep he was always ready to leave. As a daughter, that was a huge example to me of the importance of family and going to church. I remember we were always together as a family at church fulfilling this commandment. I bore my testimony to this brother, I shared with him that now that I am older, and not living with my family I still remember those Sundays. He told us he would try to be at church the next day.

So, now fast-forward to Sunday morning. We went and picked up some people and got to the church building 5 minutes before 9:00 am. When we walked in this brother was sitting on the front row, he was one of only 3 people in the chapel. I was so excited, I walked up to him and told him how good it was to see him and I asked if he was tired. He responded by saying, “Yes, I’m tired but I kept thinking about the story you shared about your dad and if he can do it then I can too.” I’m not going to lie I was trying really hard to hold back the tears. I sat there during Sacrament Meeting counting all my many blessings. I am thankful for the example of my dad who hasn’t only blessed my life, but now has also blessed a young brother here in Potosi.

I am grateful for the Spirit that testifies and touches the hearts of people. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ who atoned for our sins, afflictions, and difficulties. I love being a missionary, proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone!

I hope you all have a GREAT week! I love you all so much!


Love, Hermana Lomax

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful story. Brad's example has impressed me over the years. It's wonderful to think of his example blessing Megan and the people of Bolivia.

    ReplyDelete