Megan's Background



Monday, August 17, 2015

My Mission Is Changing My Life!

Well, I hope all these letters aren’t getting repetitive. I try hard to change them up a little. We are living it up here in Villa Moscu. It’s the last week of the transfer, I have been here for three so its possible I stay or I go. I’ll find out in a week. I love this area, it’s been more difficult but the people are just so incredible. The members of this ward have a love for the Lord and it is evident through their service.

I gave a talk in church yesterday, oh what a difference between my first talk in the mission compared to now. I was comparing them... I don’t know how I survived. Ha-ha. The topic was the Essential Role of Members In Missionary Work. I felt impressed to share the story of a family back in my home ward. I talked about how small and simple acts bring about marvelous outcomes, just as Alma taught his son Helaman in the Book of Mormon. As Missionaries we can’t do this work without the help of members. President Kimball taught that the growth of the church will not come through knocking doors, but will come when members of the church who have desires to serve along with devoted Missionaries work together in building the kingdom of God. Giving this talk gave me an opportunity to remember the importance of the members, especially the members here who are so excited and motivated to move the work along.

We had a girl we have been teaching come to church with us. She is sweet her name is Esmeralda. She is a single mom who has great desires for her son. Our lessons with her have been powerful and we are excited to see her progression.

I wanted to end this letter by sharing my testimony. I have thought a lot about my time here, it has gone quickly and it’s difficult for me to think I am on the down slope. But, I look at what these last 9 months have done for me and it’s hard to express it in words. My mission is changing my life! I am a better person thanks to every single experience that I have had. I had a testimony before I came on my Mission, but it has strengthened. It has a greater worth for me now. There is nothing more important to me than this gospel and the opportunity I have to share it with others. God lives. Jesus Christ is His son who came to earth. He changed us all forever. He died and suffered for us and He atoned for each one of us personally. All of our joys and our blessings are thanks to Him. Joseph Smith restored His gospel for us. He saw God and Christ in a grove of trees in response to a simple fervent prayer to know which church was true. We are part of something so much greater and we should never take it for granted. Faith is action, so go and do something. I am a witness now that all of this is true, because I have seen and felt the hand of God in my life.

I love you all so much and I hope you have an incredible week!


Love, Hermana Lomax

No comments:

Post a Comment