Megan's Background



Monday, June 8, 2015

Make A Difference Day!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you had another fantastic week! Our week here in Bolivia was pretty great it goes by SO fast.

Tuesday morning we took Hermana Molina to the airport and were there for the newbies to fly in. We held the poster and sang Called to Serve. It was SO Weird! I feel like that was just me yesterday, and here I am with 7 months into my mission. It was fun to get to talk to the new missionaries; there was only one sister from the states. She is from MESA. Now there are 3 of us from AZ. Whoop Whoop! Later in the day the Zone Leaders called us and brought one of the newbies to our area to teach with us for a few hours. It was fun!

Wednesday, was a pretty normal day. We walked, and then we walked some more. We got rejected, and then we hopefully, found some new people to teach. Funny thing though….when we were on the bus (and I use that word loosely) to go to dinner there wasn’t any room to sit, so I was standing. Just in front of me was a little girl who was about 5 or 6 and she was just staring at me. Finally, after a couple minutes she tapped me on the leg and asked me what was up with my eyes ( ¿Que paso con sus ojos?) She was so cute and had this confused look on her face. She said, “Your eyes are different than everyone else’s.” I explained to her that’s just what color they are, but she still looked confused. She paused for a second and than responded "Why?" It made my day! I definitely stand out here because of my blue eyes....

On Thursday we had MAKE A DIFFERENCE DAY! Yes, they even do it here. Our ward went down and cleaned a little park below the temple. I have never seen more trash in my life. You name it and I’m sure we found it. We all worked for about 4 hours. And then ate Saltanias, the best food Bolivia has to offer! We brought this sweet little girl that we met the day before to help us. It was a lot of fun!

     

On Friday, we went over to a family that we always visit, they were having Family Home Evening. They were playing volleyball with the metal clothes line as their net. This is my little Rosario, or my monkey, picking Pickai (best fruit ever) from their tree. I love them!                  

ALSO I GOT THE POSTER FROM THE YOUTH! THANK YOU!!!!!! IT MADE MY WHOLE WEEK!!!!!!! I had to take a picture just to show you how excited I am. You are all the sweetest!



This is Bobby, we are teaching her Grandpa. She decided to get into something….we aren't exactly sure what it is. :)

                 

This is us with the Assistants. Elder Ortiz hit his 5 year anniversary of being a member of the church, so we had to take a picture!


The mission is the BEST! Madi I am so excited for you! You will be a great Missionary and Ecuador will love you!

I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you SO much!!!

Love, Hermana Lomax

No comments:

Post a Comment