Megan's Background



Monday, June 15, 2015

Bucket Lists

Hello,

How are you all this week? My week has been great! I think for the first time in my whole mission my feet actually HURT... well more than normal. I also had a fever on Saturday, but that’s just part of the mission life. This week was good, nothing super exciting. Hermana Wing and I have made a Bucket List for this transfer. On Thursdays we do weekly planning for the whole next week. IT TAKES SO LONG! Seriously, it takes us like 2 ½ hours, so we made pancakes for our planning meeting, or in Spanish - por planificacion. And, they were actually good. 


We also started the Insanity workout. I am so sore, and maybe that’s why my feet hurt so bad. But, it’s awesome. I have lost weight probably from the mix of being a little sick and working out….hey I’m not complaining. On Thursday we also had our interviews with President. It went really well. We got off topic and spent a lot of time talking about Havasupai. We went a little over on time, but seriously President is the sweetest man ever. I am so grateful for him. One thing on our Bucket List was to build a fort. So on Sunday, we did that and hung out in it for a while. Our original plan was to sleep in it, but our beds were too tempting when it came down to going to sleep. It was so fun.


Today for P-day we went over to the Mission Home. We ate hamburgers WITH LETTUCE, potato salad, barbecue chips, pineapple and hot fudge sundaes...only in the mission home. We hung out together and played games. 






This is my little Dora the Explorer! Doesn't she look just like her?
I love this kid and this is the best story of the week. We had a lesson with them and when he walked into the room he was legitimately balling. We asked him what was wrong and he didn’t want to tell us. Finally, his mom told us he lost his tooth and was so upset about it. One of his sisters brought us his tooth in an empty matchbox and when she showed it to us he started sobbing again. We were all laughing so hard we had to take a picture. What kid isn’t happy about losing a tooth? I guess only in places where the tooth fairy doesn’t exist. :/

It’s been a great week; we've had a lot of fun and worked really hard. I think this week’s numbers have been the best I’ve had in this area, so that makes it even better.

I love you all so much and I hope you continue to enjoy your summer break!

Love, Hermana Lomax

No comments:

Post a Comment