Megan's Background



Monday, May 25, 2015

They Have So Little, But Now They Feel Like They Have Everything!

Hello Everyone,

First off, Happy Summer! I cannot believe another school year is over. It’s so hard to believe that it has been a year since I graduated high school. It has gone by so fast, but I look back on this year and I can’t even describe how blessed I feel and how changed I am. My perspective on life is so different. It’s so much more fulfilling. I am so happy to be here in Bolivia; so happy for the plan my Heavenly Father has for me. This mission is the greatest gift. Yeah, sometimes it’s hard. I live a whole different life than I did before. My feet hurt and I am always tired. But, I lay in my bed at night SO happy and I forget about all those things. The people here are incredible, humble and have hearts bigger than I ever knew existed. I wish you all could meet them.

Saturday, a young girl that we have been teaching got baptized. She is 14. Her older two sisters and brother were all living with their partners, but were never married. So they all got married and then their families were baptized. Her parents have been less actives for about 30 years. However, her mom has been listening to the lessons with us and will be *rescued* on Tuesday after she has her interview with the bishop. Their story is so incredible, they are so humble and have so little, but now they feel like they have everything. It makes my whole day to see how excited they are to read the scriptures.

On Sunday we had another Noche Fogonera or fireside in this stake. We had one a couple months ago in Sacaba. I sang again. An Elder from Peru and I sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer. I love that song; it has a whole new meaning now. The spirit was SO strong. President shared my story about the young guy in Huayllani who doubted everything we taught until he prayed. I hadn’t thought about that experience in a while, but as he started to share it I was overwhelmed with emotion. There is NO doubt that the spirit moves people. The night was so good, I am grateful I was there.

Today, for P-day we played Beach Volleyball, heck yes! It was awesome and afterwards we went and ate pizza, but definitely not anything like what you eat in the states. It was corn and chicken pizza. It was a fun day, our zone is the best, I cannot believe we already have transfers on Sunday. I have loved being in a trio; it is so true that President receives revelation for us because it’s exactly where I need to be. I have no idea what’s gonna happen to us, but hopefully the assistants will give us a hint ;) since we are with them for lunch and dinner everyday. They are the best! They said that they do all the transfers on Wednesday and Thursday. We will see what happens.

I hope you all have a great first week of summer break! Swim lots and eat ice cream for me.

Love you all!

Hermana Lomax




Best Companionship Ever!
Noche Fogonera!



No comments:

Post a Comment