Megan's Background



Monday, May 11, 2015

Not Because They Were of a Chosen Land, But Rather Because of the Faith They Had!

Hello Everyone,

I am so spoiled to be able to to talk to you 2 days in a row. First off, yesterday was the best day EVER! Talking to you all made me SO Happy! It was so fun!!! It was good to see your faces and to hear how you are doing. It was almost like being with you. Mom, I hope you had a great rest of your Mother´s Day as well as all the other mothers that I have in my life.

Yesterday, I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on the Plan of Salvation I focused on the 4 different names and why they are significant to the plan God has given us. After Sacrament Meeting we were able to Skype you at the Temple Housing. There is a sweet senor sister that let us come and use her laptop and iPad. She made us Peach Cobbler and we had a great time. I am so glad we could spend this Mother’s Day with her as she is away from all 5 of her children.

This last week was pretty great. We were able to go to the temple on Thursday at 6:00 in the morning. The temple here in Cochabamba is GORGEOUS! After the session we met outside and took pictures, then we got into 2 giant buses and drove to the Stake Center for Zone Conference. It was a great conference and we learned a lot. My favorite part of the conference was learning about how the church started here in Bolivia. It is an incredible history about a family that lives in Quriza that through their faith brought missionaries from Argentina to help organize a Branch. Not long afterwards Elder Richard G. Scott pronounced a chapel, which was in 1963 (I believe) and now look at this country. They have a temple, 4 missions and they just announced a new one for La Paz, and the members are incredible. The part that I liked the most was learning that the people in Quriza didn’t receive miracles because they were of a chosen land, but rather because of the faith they had. I want faith like theirs. 

Anyways, that was really all that happened this week. We are still teaching a ton and enjoying the time we have here! I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week! And, good luck with the last 2 weeks of school! WooHoo!!!!!!


Love, Hermana Lomax 

The Diagram I made to teach the Plan of Salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment