Megan's Background



Monday, May 18, 2015

An International Get-Together!

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have all had a great week and are ready to finish the school year strong. I cannot believe it has already been a year since I graduated. I look back and see all the things I’ve done within that time and it makes me happy. And now I am here in Bolivia teaching the gospel in Spanish. I never would have thought that a year ago.

This week has been good, nothing super exciting. We are tired; we have worked really hard this week. We wake up at 6:30 and don’t get to bed until about 11:00. In between that time we are studying, walking, teaching, finding people, walking some more, eating quickly and did I mention walking? You should see my leg muscles. :) It has been a successful week. We have a baptism this Saturday for a 14-year old girl, Myjeli and we are rescuing her mom (a less active). I am so excited for them. This family is incredible and they have completely changed their lives. It is a true testament of the power our Heavenly Father has.

We had a family home evening with Familia N_____ (the tattoo artists) last Monday. It went really well, and tonight we are having another one. The wife, Maggy is super outgoing and isn’t afraid of what people will think of her. She participates in all the lessons and actually knows a lot. Her husband however, is a little more reserved which you wouldn’t expect because he is HUGE and intimidating. He hasn’t participated much because he is more afraid of what people will think, but our ward is so supportive and in no time I think he will open up and start coming to church and activities. We are hoping he will join us for FHE evening tonight with a couple from the ward. We went over to their house on Wednesday and they had quite a few friends visiting from Brazil. Their friends are on a backpacking trip. First they came here now they are in Santa Cruz and next I think they are going to different parts of Brazil. Wow, Brazilians are so different than Bolivians. They are all really tall and big and talk really loud and say whatever is on their minds. They were teaching us Portuguese, how to pronounce the words. It was awesome! One of them read the first verse of Nephi to us. It was like an International Get-Together with me and Hermana Wing, Hermana Molina from Peru, Maggy from Cochabamba and Fabio and his friends from Brazil. We had a great time!

I love you all SO much! Good luck with your last week of school!

Love, Hermana Lomax

No comments:

Post a Comment