Megan's Background



Monday, April 27, 2015

Using My MA Skills….and Burger King!

Hello!

What a week it has been! Last Sunday we had 
transfers and I came to Villa Moscu on
My Companions!
Tuesday. It is awesome and SO different than Huayllani. Our house has 4 rooms and a giant full sized kitchen and 2 SINKS! I am in a trio and everyone was telling me how sorry they were because they all think it’s the worst. But I love it!!! We are having SO much fun and we are all so much alike. Hermana Molina is from Lima Peru. She got baptized when she was 18. She was the first in her family of 11 and now her mom and 4 of her siblings are members. Her dad died when she was 7 because of an overdose. Her story is incredible and she is a powerful missionary, a humble missionary. I love it when she shares her story. Hermana Wing is from Highland, Utah (my first gringa companion!) I love her, she has been out for almost 9 months and she is the sweetest. We work out a lot, which is awesome. We are a lot alike and we hardly ever speak English to each other, only when Hermana Molina is in the shower or when we are with other No. Americans. These next 5 weeks are going to go by so fast.

So, I have a funny story to share. Mom, remember when you asked me if I’ve had the opportunity to use any of my Medical Assisting? Well, now I can say I have, but not the way you would think. On Wednesday, we had tramitaze (I don’t know the word in English but it’s things we have to do for our citizenship). We went to the clinic in the morning where I had a physical including x-rays and having my blood drawn. Well at least they attempted! The lady poked me 4 times and couldn’t get my vain. I tried to tell her where it was, but she still missed. So she settled on poking my finger and got some blood that way. The next day on Thursday we received a call that I needed to return to the clinic because they didn’t get enough blood to run their tests. So we went back and she poked me 3 more times, with no success (it’s a good thing we practiced so much in class because getting poked 7 times would have freaked me out). So, I finally told the lady that I could try and draw my own blood, that I am a Medical Assistant and had done it before (but like almost a year ago :/) She looked at me like I was crazy and gave me the needle. So there in this dumpy clinic in Cochabamba I drew my own blood. The lady couldn’t believe it. She told me that was the first time someone has ever done that. But anyways…. so now I’m walking around with 2 bruised arms. Ha-ha. What a great experience and it's good to know I DIDNT FORGET HOW TO DRAW BLOOD! Whoop Whoop!

So, another story….. on Thursday I got a call from 
my Zone Leader in Huayllani asking me if I could
Burger King with Pres. & Sister Hansen!
come back for 2 days and do a musical number for their stake conference. So, me and another Sister from Idaho who is in another zone here in Cochabamba, went on an intercambio. On Saturday morning we practiced, and then I went back to her area with her to figure out what to do with her companion during the day, we ended up working a bit and then we went to the adult session at 7:00 on Saturday night. We sang and after we finished we gathered our blankets and pillows to go sleep on the floor of my old house in Huayllani. Hermana Hansen saw us and asked where we were going to sleep. When we told her, she said we could just go sleep at the mission home and then they would bring us back with them the next morning. (They spoke in all the sessions.) On our way to the mission home Hermana Hansen told President that we needed to go to Burger King for dinner because she was hungry. So at 9:30 at night we went and ate at Burger King. IT WAS SO GOOD! Who could ever want Burger King so much?! Ha-ha. It’s a huge luxury here. President got us crowns and made us where them the whole time. It was so much fun spending time with them. Then I got the best nights sleep I think I’ve ever had in my whole life. We woke up early and when we went downstairs President had made us all breakfast. He made eggs, fruit, toast, BACON and real apple juice. It was so sweet. We all ate together and then went to the 2 sessions of Conference. I was able to see everyone from Huayllani and even though it’s only been a week, I feel like it has been forever. I love them all SO much!  After it was over they drove us to the temple where we met up with our companions. 

So, I was a little spoiled this week, I will never forget this. I am grateful and excited for this week to meet more people and share the gospel with EVERYONE! I love you all so much and I hope you have a FANTASTIC week!


Love, Hermana Lomax

The Mission Home!



This is a little boy who just turned 7 so we made him a cake. That's what happens when there are 3 gringas we make a lot of american food. Ha-ha. 



 This blanket was one that the elders gave me when they brought me my bed and things. I think they are trying to tell us something ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment