Megan's Background



Monday, April 13, 2015

To the YW…."And I Will Send Angels Round About You, To Bear You Up"

Hi Young Women,

I am sorry I haven’t written you a letter for a while, but don’t worry I haven’t forgotten about you. I wanted to share an experience with you that I think of everyday here on my mission. When I left in November for my Mission, preparing to go and saying goodbye to my family was not super difficult because I knew without a doubt that this is what I needed to do. The morning I left, as I sat on the airplane waiting to take off in Tucson, the plane was totally dark. All the passengers around me were sleeping and it was quiet. As we took off, the sun began to rise over the mountains and I could see the land below in the newly lighted day. At that moment my mind was bombarded with doubt, for the first time I realized what I was doing. I had just said goodbye to my family for a year and a half to go to a foreign country where I knew I wouldn’t be able to understand or communicate. The question entered my mind, “Could I really do this?” Silent tears welled up in my eyes as I felt fear, a feeling I hadn’t felt before concerning my Mission. What was I doing? (It was a good thing it was dark so no one could see :)) But, at that moment while staring out the window, I pictured heavenly angels flying along side me and immediately I felt comfort. I left my home willingly, trustingly to go and serve the Lord, because I knew it was true! He was there for me as I sat alone on that airplane. He is always here for me because I have declared myself as a Disciple of Christ. After this experience the rest of the trip was great, I was even able give out my first Book of Mormon to the lady sitting next to me.

A few weeks later I was at the MTC in Colombia, we had time for personal study. I was feeling overwhelmed with all the Spanish we were learning and again I felt that same feeling. “Can I really do this?” As I read in my scriptures, I flipped to a random page, it was Doctrine and Covenants 84: 85-88. As I read the last verse, "and I will send angels round about you, to bear you up," I remembered that experience I had in the airplane and once again received that same comfort. That scripture was an answer to prayer. I read that scripture often here on my mission.

So, now a few weeks ago, I was at my Pensions house for lunch and saw a picture on her computer screen of Sister Missionaries walking down a dirt road with angels around them. I immediately thought of these 2 experiences and asked her to send it to me. I know that the Lord’s angels everyday surround me as I walk the dirt roads of Bolivia and serve the Lord as a Missionary. What comfort that gives me!

I share this with you because I want you to know that you too have angels walking beside you in everything you do. Remember this, that you are not alone. And when you ask yourself, “Can I really do this?” Know that you CAN! You CAN stand up for what you believe. You CAN be examples to those who don’t believe the same things you do, you CAN do the things you set your mind to, you CAN live ALL the standards in the For Strength of Youth pamphlet, you CAN do hard things, and you CAN change lives. Because the Lord is always with you protecting you and lifting you up. You girls are so incredible, I think of you all so much and pray for you everyday. I think the world of each one of you and I love you! Have a great week and know you are never alone!

Love,

Hermana Lomax (Megan) 



Doctrine & Covenants 
Section 84

 85 Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man.
 86 Therefore, let no man among you, for this commandment is unto all the faithful who are called of God in the church unto the ministry, from this hour take purse or scrip, that goeth forth to proclaim this gospel of the kingdom.
 87 Behold, I send you out to reprove the world of all their unrighteous deeds, and to teach them of a judgment which is to come.
 88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment