Megan's Background



Monday, April 13, 2015

La Cancha…..You Can Google It! :)

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a good week. Our week was great and went by fast. Nothing super exciting happened, just preparing for the baptism of Familia Caceres. I am so excited; the whole ward is helping prepare for it. Our ward is awesome, seriously! I am sitting next to a girl in our ward right now in the Internet Cafe she is so sweet. That’s what I like the most, there are so many YSA here or in Bolivia it’s JAS (Jovenes Adultos Solatarios). We have 2 investigators that are YSA, so we get to go to all the activities. 

I am doing really well; it’s starting to get cooler as we are getting ready for winter. It’s so strange thinking you all just finished winter and I am just starting. I bought some leggings so I don’t look too ridiculous with my long socks (ha-ha). Also, this is the last week of this transfer, on Sunday we find out the changes. I cannot believe how fast 6 weeks go by in a mission. I remember at home 6 weeks felt like FOREVER. I could stay or go, we never know. But, I love Huayllani with all my heart and the people here. We have so much fun. I will send some pictures.

Today for P-day we played Minute To Win It (the props of having gringo Zone Leaders). Then, we went shopping in the Cancha. I still have mixed feelings about the Cancha, its where everyone goes to shop. You can Google it. While we were in the Cancha I saw some girls that obviously were from the states. We stick out so much. My companion told me today, as we were walking around, that I need to hide somewhere when she asks the prices of things because they raise the price big time if they see you are with gringo. Anyways, these girls were speaking English so I asked where they were from. One was from Colorado and the other Ohio. This was the first time I have seen people from the states here other than Missionaries. I told them why I was here and we talked for a bit. Finally, she told me they were Jehovah Witnesses. You would not believe how many there are here... it’s surprising. I could tell she didn’t want to tell me.

Now we are going over to Familia Caceres because its Zail’s birthday and a lot of the people in the ward are throwing him a surprise birthday party.

I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week! Ill talk to you next week!

Love,

Hermana Lomax


Dia de Ninos (kid's day) in our Primary.
Grocery shopping at La Cancha.
Our Zone activity - Minute to Win It! The BEST District in the Mission. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment