Megan's Background



Monday, April 6, 2015

I Loved General Conference!

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a great week, a good Easter and enjoyed Conference. Our week was so great; I cannot believe how different Conference felt this year. I never realized what a big deal it really is. It’s been interesting to see how they broadcast it in another country and all the translating that has to happen. We watched all the sessions in the church building on a white sheet, with all the members. I’ve just been used to waking up, eating breakfast and turning on the TV. On Saturday, I watched it in English and on Sunday in Spanish because they had some technology issues. The first session was from 12:00-2:00 and the second was from 4:00-6:00 on both days. I can’t believe how fast they went by.

Easter was so great! We woke up and had to leave for the church building about an hour early.  On holidays here in Bolivia it is a law that there can be no motorized vehicles in operation except for the police. There were SO many people on the streets and it created a really fun environment. Lots of people were out riding bikes. Some people tied a volleyball net between some intersection lights and were playing volleyball in the middle of the "Freeway of Cochabamba." And many Cholitas were out barbequing. How awesome! Why don’t we do this in the states? So, everyone on Sunday had to walk to the building it was fun to see the members in our ward walking or riding bikes. It was awesome to see their sacrifice, because we had to walk back to the building at 4:00.

We went to our pensions to eat lunch between sessions and we played UNO. I am a pro at UNO. We play it almost everyday. Ha-ha. It was such a great weekend. I had a bad headache Sunday night from concentrating so much on understanding everything in Spanish. Tonight I am going to watch Elder Holland’s talk again in English at my pensions, because you know how much I love that man. Did you all have a favorite talk, what was it?

So I talked to Sister Hansen about my bite I just have to keep an eye on the dog for about 2 weeks to make sure it doesn’t die or get sick. It’s all good, it has healed really well. And I got all my pictures back. WOOHOO!

Earlier this week we went to the hospital to visit Sebastian the little 5 year old of the familia Caceres. He came down with pneumonia so he was in the hospital for about 5 days. It was so fun to visit with him. I helped him build Avengers Legos. It reminded me so much of building Legos with Kasen. Ha-ha. We had a great time. But, he is home now and back to his crazy, energetic self.

I am so grateful for all of you. I think of you so much. Have a great week.

I love you!


Hermana Lomax

Happy Easter or Dia de Pascua from Hermana Lomax and Hermana Ordonez.

This was the night I got bit by the dog. Not the best picture, but just take a look at how awesome my calf muscle is and the bug bite scars. Ha-ha! Oh and check out my horrible long socks with my skirt.
This is a few days later, so it looks pretty good.
Walking to the church building to watch General Conference.

Picu and UNO! I'm so excited to come home and cook you Bolivian food. And, yes I still hate tomatoes with a passion, but I gag them down. :)

At the hospital with Familia Caceres.

No comments:

Post a Comment