Megan's Background



Monday, April 20, 2015

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

Hello Everyone,

I hope you had a great week. I cannot believe how fast they go.

So, first off Familia Caceres - Zail, Cyntia and Mariana got BAPTIZED!!!! I don’t even know how to write about how well it went. It was so great! There were so many people at their baptisms that we had to start in the chapel. President came and baptized Mariana and a brother in our ward baptized Zail and Cyntia. It was an emotional day, I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! They were so happy, and Zail’s parents came from Peru for the baptism, that was a special surprise. After the baptisms, they each bore their testimonies... and wow they were powerful. Mariana shared an experience about how one day she asked her mom how to bare a testimony, Cyntia told her that she should pray to know what to say and to know that the things she did say were true. She then shared how that night she prayed and received an answer that the gospel is true. How sweet is that and she is only 10. Cyntia cried as she bore her testimony and Zail shared how excited he is to go to the temple. I don’t know how to tell you how I am feeling; this by far is the best day of my life. After the meeting Hermana Ordonez and I made a surprise video for them of their lives. It was powerful and I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who put them in my path. When I met them I may not have known Spanish well or known exactly what to do for them, but this gospel is so true and I can testify that THIS IS THE WORK OF THE LORD. How did I get so lucky to be a part of it? I love them with all my heart. Now Zail is preparing to get the priesthood next week so that he can baptize his sister that is living with them.

Yesterday, we had cambios. I am leaving Huayllani and going to the President´s area. My new area Villa Mascu has the temple and the Mission Home and the elders that serve in our ward are the assistants. I am going be in a trio with a gringa and a sister from Peru. I am going from the poorest part of the city to the richest (ha-ha), but I am going to miss Huayllani SO MUCH. I never thought it would be so difficult. I worked hard in this area! When I first got here we had 1 investigator and they were about to close the area. But, now we have 8 investigators coming to church every week, 2 of those families have wedding dates so that they can be baptized. It’s incredible! Last night when we received cambios we were at the Caceres’ eating cake and waiting for cambios. When we found out that I would be leaving, Mariana and Sebastian began to cry. IT WAS SO HARD! But, as I held them both in my arms I remembered something that Gina told me. She explained to me that as a missionary you are called to change lives and once you change them, you have to leave because you have done what you were there to do and now it’s time to change others. What a coincidence that I am leaving the day after their baptisms. This family is well taken care of and they are great examples to the other investigators here. Plus, I’m not going that far away. So I’ll be able to come back for Paula’s baptism on the 9th of May. I am super excited for the changes ahead. So, I leave Huayllani tomorrow :( I still have to pack all my stuff.... and you know I have a lot.

I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much and am so grateful for your examples.


Love, Hermana Lomax




No comments:

Post a Comment