Megan's Background



Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy Spring Break and Happy Birthday Mom!

I Love Mondays and love getting to talk to you all! I hope you are doing well and enjoying spring break. One more week!

First off, I want to thank the Activity Day Girls for sending me the sweet notes, it seriously made my whole week. I wanted to send a card, but it will take about a month so, I will send a picture instead. We have the sweetest girls in our ward! THANK YOU!!!!!!

ALSO, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! I love you SOOO much and I hope you have the greatest birthday. Go and do something fun and know that I will be thinking about you and celebrating here. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

So here’s an update on the Caceres family. President Hansen called me last Monday and invited my companion and I, and their family to the mission home for a FHE. We planned it for this coming Thursday. I’m a little nervous but so excited that he thought about them. So we decided to push back the baptism, because Zail is so close. At the beginning of the week, he asked us some questions that could have only been found by searching things on the Internet. Ugh! My heart has never felt anything like this. We explained to him about the temptations of the world, and I went home and prayed harder than I’ve ever prayed before. Yesterday, they invited two of their friends to church. That’s two new investigators and they are awesome! We are also teaching Zail´s sister who just moved in with them from Peru to go to school as well. She is 19, so we are like best friends. Last night they invited us over because they had asked the bishop to give a blessing on their house. IT WAS THE MOST POWERFUL LECCION EVER, and that’s saying something because we’ve had some great leccions. Zail told us that he is ready for baptism and excited to do this with his family, he shared that he has seen blessings and changes in their lives. I wanted to share my love for them so I said a prayer in my heart that I would be able to say everything I felt in my heart… and that they would understand. It’s incredible how if we exercise our faith and simply open our mouths, He fills it. We cried (ha-ha) and she made us awesome Peruvian food. This work is real! So we are going to talk about the baptismal questions on Tuesday and have FHE with the President on Thursday.

On Wednesday we have interviews with President Hansen, he does interviews every 3 months. I had my first one the week after Christmas. On Sunday we have a special night where we can invite every member, every investigator, EVERYONE. The President is going to speak and some of us are sharing musical numbers. It should be really great. I will be seeing the President almost every day this week, I love how involved he is, especially because this mission is pretty big and there are so many missionaries. This week is going to be busy and I am so excited!

My new companion, Hermana O____ is sweet, there is a lot that I can learn from her. I know that Heavenly Father puts people in our lives for a reason and I need her right now. I hope I can be a blessing for her as she is about to finish her mission. I miss Hermana A_____, but she is going to come back for the baptism. All in all it’s been pretty great. I love you all and I hope you have a good, fun, safe week!


Love, Hermana Lomax

Thank you to all the sweet Activity Day Girls!
Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment