Megan's Background



Monday, February 23, 2015

Hamburgers with BACON!!!

Hello Everyone,

It’s hard to believe it’s only been 4 days since I last wrote, it has been a busy 4 days. I had my first Zone Conference and it was really great. We talked about being a consecrated missionary. We ate burritos and watched MEET THE MORMONS! I love that movie, and nobody had to give talks (ha-ha) so that was a plus.

We taught a lot of leccions this week. The work is really progressing here in Huayllani. It was SO slow when I got here. They had no investigators because the other sister was sick all the time so they never got out. But, we have changed that, (and of course just in time for transfers in less than 2 week) but I think I will stay here. We had 5 investigators at church. I love this area and everything about it...including the mud and bugs... yes, I have to tell you I think I have a record amount of bug bites. Mainly on my arms and a few on my legs. It’s Horrible but it’s the life of a Bolivian. Seriously, the people here have scars on their arms from bugs. Don’t worry though mom all the missionaries have them, so I don’t think I’ll die ;) and I try to wear bug spray.

Today for P-day we got to go to the Mission Home. It was so fun! We played games and hung-out with President and Sister Hansen. We also ate hamburgers with BACON! It’s the first time in 3 1/2 months! All of us from the states about died. We aren’t allowed to eat lettuce, strawberries, pig, or fish...except for in the Mission Home. It was the best thing in the entire world! We also had ice cream sundaes. My companion thought it was great. The mission home is sooo pretty. It’s pretty much the only American home here, it is right behind the temple so when you walk out the front door you see the temple and then the Christ statue is right next to it. Quite the sight!

I am excited for this upcoming week. I hope you are all doing well; I love you all so much and am so grateful for you! 

Hermana Lomax

Sorry this email isn’t super exciting; hopefully next week will be better. :)

1 comment:

  1. So proud of Sister Lomax. What a wonderful example for all our youth.

    ReplyDelete