Megan's Background



Saturday, January 17, 2015

To the Young Women...

Dear Young Women,

I hope you all had an incredible Christmas and New Year. I wanted to write you over the holidays but didn’t have enough time. Being here in Bolivia on a mission for Christmas was something I cannot describe. It was a little difficult but it was also the Best. I always have loved Christmas and knew the true meaning, but this year I was able to embrace it.

It’s hard to believe I’ve been out for just about 2 ½ months. I see the people here, the way they live and I kneel everyday to my Heavenly Father in sincere gratitude. I wonder everyday why he has blessed me the way he has. I share this picture with you so you can just get a glimpse, for this is my reality for the next 16 months. My hope for each of you is to recognize ALL that you have been blessed with and feel gratitude in your hearts. I want to encourage you, when you pray tonight, to pray only a prayer of gratitude. Before I came to Bolivia I never truly realized how much I have been given. Knowing what I know now I would have lived the gospel more fully, participating in every activity. I would have hugged my family tighter and at times spoken to and treated them better. I would have studied harder in school and I would have kept my room cleaner... I know some of you are laughing at this one right now because I wasn’t always so good at it :) It’s natural to take advantage of the things we have, we don’t know anything different, but there is a difference and I’m experiencing it. I hope you feel a spirit of gratitude just a little.

I am grateful for you! I hope each one of you knows you hold a very special place in my heart. I wish you a Happy New Year; make a difference to those around you. Each of you is special and you have SO much to give, don’t hold back.

I LOVE YOU!!!!


Hermana Lomax

No comments:

Post a Comment