Megan's Background



Monday, January 19, 2015

I'm Grateful For My Pioneer Heritage!

Hello Everyone,

My, oh, my, it has been a busy week here in Bolivia! We have worked hard and have endured a lot of rain. It has rained everyday, and let me tell you rain and dirt roads don’t go well together, but I LOVE it! I have been able to reflect a lot especially as I trudge through the rain, mud and freezing cold. When I start to feel like I just want to cuddle under a tree and wonder what in the world I’ve gotten myself into, I think about the pioneers. They went through SO much worse and they didn’t have a warm bed to go to every night. I think about our Pioneer Trek, the testimony I gained through that experience has really helped me here on the mission, especially this week. Thank you everyone who worked so hard to give me that incredible opportunity. I think I have the hymn “Come, Come ye Saints” all memorized in Spanish. We sing it quite a lot.

This week I also went on an intercambio. I changed areas and companions for 2 days. I served in the city. It was a nice break from the mud. It was such a good experience to see how another teaches and what I want to add to my daily routine. I served with Hermana P, so sweet and she teaches so powerfully. She is from Colombia and has 10 months in the mission. We had such a good time together!

Today for P-day we went up to the "mountain" I don’t know if it’s really a mountain because we live in the mountains basically, but it was SO AWESOME! I took so many pictures. Its not like the mountains at home its kind of like a jungle. We barbequed and then hiked up to this amazing waterfall. It’s hard to describe. There were little adobe houses everywhere and it was so hard to breathe. It definitely is super high altitude, nothing like in the U.S.

I hope you are all doing well and that you are enjoying the cooler weather. I want you to know that I am so grateful to be here and to serve the Lord. I see his hand in my life everyday. The Spanish is coming along; we went on splits yesterday with members because we didn’t have any for the whole week. I was so nervous, but it went well. It was good for me to have to be independent and not lean on my companion to communicate. Everything is going so great here. Love you all!!!!!


Hermana Lomax

Intercambio in the City

A City in the Clouds!
Piumani

Our Hike to the "Mountain"!


The Way to Christ!
Pioneers

No comments:

Post a Comment