Megan's Background



Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Happy December!

It’s been super busy here. We went to the temple twice this week. I got my first Latina companion, Hermana Franco. I love her to pieces!!! She is the sweetest girl ever and is SO patient. I’m sure she didn’t know she was signing up for this, but she teaches me so much! She is serving here in Bogota so I will most likely be the only North American companion she will have. She teaches me Spanish and I teach her English, it’s so fun. She is funny because she does not like the Elders. We went proselyting yesterday and it went well. She mainly did all the talking but I would jump in with scriptures when I knew what we were talking about.

I spoke in sacrament meeting on Sunday. It was a little nerve racking but not as bad as I thought. We are all asked to prepare different talks each week and during the meeting the Brother conducting will call an order. I was chosen to speak first. My topic was the Great Apostasy. I am so glad I studied Preach My Gospel before my mission because I had made a study sheet for the Great Apostasy. I just had to translate it to Spanish. I am so grateful for the opportunity. I was one of only two North Americans that spoke.

Later that night we watched the General Christmas Broadcast live. Did you guys watch it? It was such a great broadcast and it was the first time I was able to listen to and sing Christmas songs in English, and we’ve been singing them since I got here 6 WEEKS AGO!!!

I can hardly believe it’s been 6 weeks. We leave Tuesday morning at about 3 AM for Peru, and then COCHABAMBA!!! I am so excited!!! I just hope I can get all my stuff in my suitcases. After I write you I am going to go pack up my stuff while we listen to Christmas music. So Excited, but hoping I am ready.

So, I found this scripture during study, Moroni 8:3. I was so excited to share it with you all. I know that this scripture is true and it applies so much to me. When we first learned how to pray in Spanish there were 3 things that I learned right away that I knew I needed in every prayer. The first was to express my gratitude for my family, to ask that you be blessed in all you do and that you always feel peace. The second was to be blessed with the Gift of Tongues. The third was to always express my gratitude for the Savior and His Atonement. I do not say a single prayer without including these three things. I want you to know that this scripture is for you! I am so grateful to be here, I know there is no other place in the world I need to be (besides Bolivia :)) I have already experienced things on this journey that could not have been possible without the power of Heavenly Father. This work is the truest work I’ve ever been a part of and it is the most important thing in the world to me. I Love you all so much! And wish you the very Merriest Christmas if I don’t get to email before!

Love,
Hermana Lomax


Moroni 8:3

I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment