Megan's Background



Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving in the CCM!

Hello Everyone,

My heart is so full of gratitude today. I can hardly keep the tears from streaming down my cheeks. It’s so fitting that yesterday was Thanksgiving!

Yesterday was such a great day. In the morning we watched a live devotional from Elder Bednar, broadcast from the Provo MTC, and I actually saw a friendly face from Tucson so funny! Afterwards, we had a big Thanksgiving lunch. I cannot tell you how incredible it was. The people here really love us! In Colombia, they don’t eat turkey, but the cooks (who are the sweetest ever) were determined to get us some turkey. They stayed up all night cooking, continuously asking us to come and see how it looked. They were so proud of that turkey. That meal was probably the best meal I have ever eaten. I thought about what you were all eating, but I couldn’t imagine anything better! Later in the night we were able to watch Meet the Mormons. I love that movie; it was fun to get to share my home with the Latinos as part of the movie was filmed in Arizona. I missed you all, but they made our day very special. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and counted all of your blessings, I know I definitely did!!!

This experience has strengthened me and taught me so much. I don’t think I’ve prayed so much in my life. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father who knows me and knows what I need to help me become who I need to be. I am so truly grateful for my family and your support, you don’t know how much it does for me! And I am grateful for such good examples I have in my life.
         
Today is a new day. I am so happy to be here, I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else. Tomorrow we go proselyting out in Colombia! It’s so crazy! I am way excited I just hope I can understand the people and be able to share what I need with them. I love you ALL so much and I hope you have an INCREDIBLE week!

With all my love,

Hermana Lomax


Group Photo of Missionaries in the Colombia CCM 11/26/14.
Bolivian Sister Missionaries with their flag.
Living Quarters for 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment