Megan's Background



Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Bienvenido to the Colombia CCM!

Hola!

I made it to the MTC or here it is called the CCM! We landed in Bogota at about 10:30 last night and it was immediate culture shock. Nobody spoke English, and you all know my knowledge of Spanish (ha-ha) but we managed. It took us almost 2 hours to get through the airport. Luckily, there was 15 other missionaries with me, 3 Sisters including myself and the rest were Elders. We had such a great time! We got to bed at around 1:30 am.


The MTC is INCREDIBLE! There are about 40 missionaries here. A little less than half are Latino and don't speak any English. It is mostly Elders here, there are only about 6 Sisters and it's only the 3 of us from America. We are a little out numbered, but it's so fun to be a Sister here. They give us some special treatment.


It has been so fun trying to communicate with everyone around us. I room with the 2 other American Hermanas and 2 Latino Hermanas. I LOVE the Latinos!!! They are so fun and it has been a lot of fun trying to communicate with them. We use a lot of hand gestures and we kiss each other's cheeks. They are such loving people, even though they probably think we are so difficult. Last night before bed we were all gathered around teaching each other our languages. We had so much fun! I am surprised how much Spanish I remember. I find myself forming sentences and it's only the first day.


President and Sister Dyer are the sweetest! She gave us such a great devotional this morning. I had a hard time keeping up with it in my study journal. I have an interview with them both in just a bit, which is when we'll get our name tags.


Well I have to go! I'll be emailing again next Friday. I love you all SO much!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment